Community Health Worker Training
Welcome to the Washington Community Health Worker Training Program!
Are you a community health worker, promotor de salud, patient navigator, or mutual aid worker? We know how hard you work for the community. You deserve support, resources, and training.
The Community Health Worker Training Program (CHWTP) is designed to strengthen the skills and knowledge of community health workers with a focus on documentation, advocacy, healing justice, and social determinants of health (SDOH).
Core Competence Series:
The Core Competence series is a foundational training for all community health workers and is offered in two formats
• Remote: 10-weeks with 2 live webinars. The entire course is online.
• Hybrid: 8-weeks with 2 in-person training days. Most of the course is online except for the two in-person training days.
We offer these trainings in English and Spanish. Currently our Spanish language Core Competence trainings are all hybrid featuring in-person and online learning.
Core Competence Training Registration:• Registration opens 2 months before the start date of each course.
• 2 weeks before the course start date, you will receive an email welcoming you to the course.
• The week of the course start date, you will receive an email with course details and login information.
Health Specific Modules:
• Health Specific Modules are online trainings on specific public health knowledge and skills. These modules generally take 2-3 hours to complete and are offered on a quarterly basis. Please review the training schedule for detailed information.
• For further information about Health Specific Modules, including registration and enrollment, reach out to Michelle Di Miscio at [email protected] (PDF; 242 KB).